From Kaysi : Garance!!! Do you have any advice for creating a minimalist, functional, and fabulous wardrobe?
Mmmm… Kaysi, even if I dream of having a minimalist, functional, and fabulous wardrobe, most mornings I find myself buried under a mountain of clothes – outfits literally falling on top of me – I can never find anything and everything’s lost.
I usually just end up wearing the last thing I bought (right now, a pair of grey jeans and Fratelli Rossetti shoes) just because they’re on top of the pile.
That said, I could never dare to imagine just how happy I would be if every time I opened my closet, I found the following clothes, folded neatly and organized by color:
• Black cashmere turtlenecks. I still haven’t found the perfect one.
• Grey v-neck cashmere sweaters – Bompard makes the deepest Vs – I just love them.
• Silk shirts from Equipment, of course.
• Church’s flats. Three pairs.
• One pair of sublime very high heels, black, like the Pigalles by Louboutin – Yeah, only one! If they’re that sublime, they’ll be enough!
• Grey skinny jeans. White skinny jeans. Helmut Lang, the denim is the thinnest I’ve ever felt.
• One pair of boyfriend jeans.
• Two blazers, one black, the other marine blue. Stella.
• A straight-cut skirt, Céline.
• A Sarti scarf, light as a cloud. I’ll take a quick picture for you as I’m wearing one right now.
• A dress, Alaïa or Roland Mouret. Never goes out of style.
• A big coat, camel or grey.
• And a military parka – light and long.
And I’d go wild with accessories. A hat. Red socks. A pair of amazing sunglasses. A purse to die for. Bright nail-polish. Cause minimalistic is good but still, some girls are just born with glitter in their veins… ;-)
Don’t you think ?
Ok, so that was my version of functional and fabulous… What is yours ?
Translation : Tim Sullivan