Hannah and Marian Cheng’s Red Sauce
One can of good quality tomatoes
One cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil
Minced garlic cloves to taste
Crushed red chili flakes to taste
Fresh basil, chiffonaded to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a saute pan.
2. Add minced garlic and chili flakes. Then, saute the minced garlic and chili flakes in the olive oil until aromatic.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pan and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Next, take out your immersion blender. Unload the contents of the pan into the blender and blend the sauce until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper as desired and top it off with the chiffonaded basil leaves to taste.