I had been dreaming about spending more time with my team for a long time. As a super invasive boss (I love hanging around their desks and keeping them from working) it was kind of the logical next step of my invasion. So I contacted One Fine Stay, which also seems to be the logical next step for apartment rentals – they’ve got a sublime catalog of apartments and houses that will make you want to go on vacation right away. Go check it out, it’s great.
Ok, except for one thing. It wasn’t vacation, it was fashion week, so my team and I didn’t actually see each other very much – we were always running off in opposite directions.
But there were some lovely little moments, like when I stole Erik’s last candy and he looked at me like I’d killed his puppy (he was right – YOU SHOULD NEVER STEAL THE LAST CANDY). There was also the unforgettable moment when our messes, Chris’s and mine – (Chris came to join us at the end of our stay) (Chris is almost as messy as I am, but not quite as much, since no one in the world could be messier than me — I was touched by grace from birth) started to take over the entire apartment (Brie and Erik are the two most organized people I know), and the times when we were all sitting around the table, and Brie and Erik were giving me advice about my outfit.
It was cool. I love living with people. I lived with my best friend for six years, and it was probably one of the times in my life where I laughed more than ever. Living with people helps you get to know them better. It creates unforgettable moments. It makes you closer.
Well, I mean, I like living with people and sharing my life with them. I don’t know about them, though – they may not love living with me. Ahahahah.
1. G told me how worried she was about me when I had been out ALL night, drunk, at some dirty, gay sex club. … I had been asleep since 10:15pm, just 20 feet from her bed.
2. No matter how many heels were scattered about (no, but really, how can there be SO MANY half pairs everywhere? Where did the other shoe go!?), my ‘work’ area was never touched or disturbed.
3. Each morning started with Nespressos, butter with some baguette and a “I promise I’ll clean my stuff up later” from G…
4. Trying to figure out where Brie is hidden in that bed. Imagine white sheets with just a few perfectly highlighted strands of California hair peeking out.
5. Chris’ ultimate grocery shopping… Until he arrived, our options were mostly Nespresso, champagne (thanks One Fine Stay!), butter (Président, mmmm!) and stale baguettes.
6. Garance in that jumpsuit … … …
Brie’s favorite memories:
When we first arrived, Erik and I had to christen the space by performing a much talked about dance routine for the entire team back in New York. To say it was a hit would be an understatement. Waking up every morning to have coffee and a piece of bread with butter and jam was perfect calmness before the madness of each day began… Which normally started with something like “Which shoes should I wear? Do you have another bag? Any cool little black socks? Yes… No, that’s cool!”
For me, living with Garance, Erik and, of course, Chris was kind of like being home with family, which I think what staying in an apartment together is all about.