We’ve already confessed our love for Loquet London on the blog, but I’ve been wanting to introduce you to the designer, Sheherazade, for awhile now. I love her style — it’s so feminine and colorful, and I’m a huge fan of her haircut (if I had straight hair, I’d have this cut…) and basically I’m just a fan of hers, in general.
Besides being a designer and mother of three children aged 11 to 15, she is also an environmentalist and an author. A really cool woman.
1. Describe your style in three words.
Casual, feminine and playful.
2. What is your favorite outfit of the moment?
Céline green knitted skirt and white t-shirt.
3. Do you see your style as quintessentially British?
No, not at all. I think it is influenced by the cities I love the most: NY, Paris and London.
4. Has your work as an environment activist influenced your approach to fashion?
Yes, very much so. For basics I always look for organic wherever possible and I keep my clothes forever. Each purchase is considered.
5. You’re now a jewelry designer, what jewelry do you wear every day?
I wear my own, a heart shaped loquet with my children’s birthstones, a lily of the valley, a beetle and a diamond shooting star. I also have a Nogushi ring, which I bought when my first book was published.
6. Loquet creates very personalized pieces, which ones hold the most sentimental value for you?
All the loquets are sentimental, as they tell a person’s story. The people they love, the moments that make them smile and the things that bring them luck. Every loquet we put together is unique, an individual creation that mirrors a person’s life.
7. How has your style evolved over the years?
It’s become more confident. I don’t wear what I see on others, I wear what makes me smile.
8. Where do you like to shop?
I love shopping in NY. Soho particularly. I wear a lot of denim, which the US does so well, I also love Paris, as French fashion is somehow always just right.
9. What has been your favorite look that you’ve worn on the red carpet?
Valentino for the Venice Festival two years ago. Leather and lace, the most unlikely mix, but as everything they do, just perfect.
10. And do you have a fashion muse?
For more style stories, click here!
Look 1: Trousers and shoes, Isabel Marant; top, Saint Laurent; belt, MBMJ / Look 2: striped top, J Brand; skirt, Marni; shoes, Christian Louboutin / Look 3: pink sweater, Céline; blue skirt, COS; shoes, Lanvin / Look 4: green skirt, Céline; white shirt, COS; sneakers, Isabel Marant.