Describe your style in 3 words or phrases.
Understated, comfortable, practical — “future classics.”
What is your ideal outfit or uniform?
Vintage jeans and tee/ sweatshirt/ blouse/ easy sweater/ blazer-as-a-shirt, with some sort of Celine shoe. But, I’ve been favoring my Repettos lately…
How does your work as a stylist influence your own personal style?
It helps me see things I already own in a different way – I often find that a shoot I’m working on (particularly an editorial) will unconsciously influence how I’m dressing.
We were very impressed during our shoot with all of your great vintage/ thrifted/ budget finds. What are some of your all time best steals?
Thank you! I’m always on the hunt…
– My Wranger Wranchers for sure – best pants ever! (*Editor’s note: these are men’s pants, but they look amazing on women too! Lilli is wearing them in the first look above and I copied her and bought them right after.)
– I found this handmade (guessing from the 40s) black fringed skirt suit at an antique mall in Maine after a friend’s wedding – I think it was $12! Have worn it often, broken up and together.
– My tennis skirts from Amazon
– Stumbled across a pop up vintage shop (Maeven, she’s on Etsy) in Greenpoint a couple of years ago and walked out with the most amazing pieces: blue and white silk striped vintage Agnes B. suit that looks like it’s from the 40s (sadly ruined by a trip to GwarBar in Richmond), and a beautiful 40s navy dress that looks like it could be Phoebe Celine. Both around $100 and I’ll have them forever. Need to get that suit copied…
– My trench coat – found in Jacksonville, FL for $35. The most perfect, classic cut and style. People at old Celine and new have asked me about it…
– Vintage rhinestone bracelet that looks like it could be Phoebe Celine. I found it at an estate sale the day after I went through all of her collections, soon after her departure was announced. It looks like a bracelet version of the necklace Daria is wearing in the pool.
– Just got some Phoebe Celine black pony hair loafers on The Real Real for less than $200. I love TRR – I’d say a good majority of my closet comes from there.
Favorite places to shop in New York?
I almost always walk out of Narnia Vintage with something, Beacon’s Closet when I’m dropping stuff off, La Garconne, Home Union, 10 Ft Single by Stella Dallas, Mirth, McNally Jackson, Maryam Nassir Zadeh.
New or Vintage?
Masculine or feminine?
Somewhere in between
Coffee or tea?
Sweet or salty?
Taxi or subway?
Cook or order-in?
Trying to cook more often, but do my fair share of take out
What’s the most recent thing that has influenced your style?
All the fabulous ladies at Studio 54 when they’re not dressed up, especially Diana Ross and Cher. People on the street!