How often do you travel? Once a year? Once a month? Are you gone for a week or just a few days?
Perhaps you are an over-packer no matter the situation and reenact that scene from The Sweetest Thing. You try on everything in your closet and then proceed to throw it all into a suitcase the size of a small apartment, acknowledging you have SO many options and thinking of how you’ll definitely wear that mini sequined slip dress with those sling back mules to brunch.
Or maybe you’re the complete opposite and under-pack, claiming to be such a minimalist to the extreme of planning to rinse your own undergarments just to really drive the point home.
But alas, you don’t have to give in to either radical breed of the aforementioned female traveler. If a man can wear the same jeans everyday, actually, the whole damn look, we should at the very least be able to get away with wearing the same pant! With the ensuing onslaught of mosssstly aspirational ensembles from the Fashion Week street scene, there may never be better time to reiterate how easy it is to make one pant work six different ways. This is the story of the
Sisterhood Traveling Pants …
– Sweater dress worn over pant with simple flat lends itself to the minimal dresser in all of us without having to commit the lifestyle full on.
– Add heels to any look and you’re automatically walking with a new attitude. Add a subtle black metallic mohair sweater and you’ve just upped the ante.
– An oversized t-shirt finds its counterpart in a shrunken zebra-hair vest, combining just enough pattern play to make for an easy but cool look.
– Soft pink silks are pretty! Even prettier with that same black flat and long flowing scarf trailing behind you as you storm the boardroom with independence & new ideas!
– Crop tops won’t stop, and with pants this high, they won’t have to. Keep your soft mauve bikini top on from the spa for a hint of skin
– Power suit meet velvet blazer. A look fit for an executive dinner AND a disco!
… As for a seventh look? Well, they say on the seventh day, you rest. And so should those traveling pants!
Look 1: Brown Tee & Bag, Simon Miller ; Zebra Vest, Tome ; Sneakers, Converse
Look 2: Crop Printed Shirt, Apiece Apart ; Bikini Top throughout, Matteau
Look 3: Pink Blouse, Blumarine ; Brown mini bag, Michael Kors ; Black flat, Martiniano
Look 4: Red sweater vest, Rodebjer
Look 5: Black sweater, Tibi ; Boots, 3.1 Phillip Lim
Look 6: Vest Top, Joseph ; Blazer + boots, 3.1 Phillip Lim ; Envelope clutch, Needle & Thread