9 reasons a broken toe rules.
Breaking my baby toe has proven to be the least best part of summer. However, that doesn’t mean it also isn’t great for so many reasons, here are nine of them:
1. My previously abandoned Tevas are back like the star-player they always knew they were.
2. I get to come up with all the looks to go with said Tevas, ones that don’t require hiking shorts.
3. People are more sympathetic.
4. Have received (and accepted) more warm embraces than normal.
5. It allowed me to watch the entire season of Stranger Things in one focused session.
6. Wearing strictly Teva’s might actually be making my feet stronger. No idea why, just a theory.
7. Carrying one of those giant, oversized and obnoxious umbrellas finally has a purpose: a dual function walking cane
8. It has allowed me to be more creative… I’ve had to figure out to keep my food elevated with so many different objects. Pillows, shoe boxes, children ….
9. It’s THE best excuse for not being able to go to Brooklyn :)
Only three more weeks to go! Any advice for getting through the rest of summer with an injury?