Today is Garance’s 40th birthday! Happy birthday, G!!!
We may or may not be (but, really, we are) popping champagne bottles in the Studio in your honor! And, even though the REAL gift (it’s a big surprise, you’ll see) comes later, we wanted to, as a tribute to the letter you wrote, write a letter to 40-year-old Garance.
You’re pretty much the coolest 40 year old we know. Ok, that’s not true. You are the coolest, but we don’t want you getting a big head all of a sudden, now that you’re 40. There are a million things everyone knows you are good at — you’ve accomplished so much in these four decades — but, on this special occasion, we want to share the reasons why we think you’re amazing:
– You love to joke and laugh a lot, whenever and wherever and super loud.
– Nobody rocks short hair quite like you.
– Your dance moves are unparalleled.
– Personal space is no issue for you, which means we all get to be close to you every day.
– Aside from Melissa, you sing the best covers of Hozier.
– You have a deep love for chocolate, but you’re always willing to share with us.
– You’re kind and thoughtful, and always want us to be happy.
– There are few aside from us who can call their boss a friend.
So, thank you. Happy birthday, and enjoy 40. It’s the new 20.
Lots of love,
Emily, Erik, Brie, Elle & Neada